Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Apple Crisp a la the real Betty

On a trip back home this fall (to meet our niece- hi Isabella!) we stopped at an antique store and stumbled upon this little gem. 1st edition 1st printing!


Happy dancing ensued! I'm pretty into Mrs. Crocker, probably due to my love of Mad Men 60s culture and sugar. Betty Crocker encompasses both with style and grace

Since I am still working my way through the 12 pounds of apples, I looked for some inspiration between the red and white cover. Betty delivered this retro crisp and we ate it all (in one night).





From the Desserts section, pg. 215:

Apple Crisp (Apple Crumble)

Place in buttered 10x6x2" baking dish 4 cups sliced apples. Sprinkle with 1 tsp. cinnamon, 1 tsp. salt, 1/4 cup water. Rub together 3/4 cup sifted GOLD MEDAL Flour, 1 cup sugar, 1/3 cup butter. Drop mixture over apples. Bake. Serve warm with cream.

Temperature: 350 (mod. oven).
Time: Bake 40 min.
Amount: 6 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment