Saturday, March 27, 2010

Zucchini Bread

I wish I could tell you that I perfected the tastiest, healthiest zucchini bread. That it was moist and slightly sweet with flecks of green giving away it's wholesome goodness.

But I can't.

It was bad. After 1 hour and 20 minutes in the oven at 350- it was still raw in the middle and getting a bit burned on the top.

I ate a piece, showed it to the husband, and through the rest away. Didn't even take a picture. I *hate* wasting food, so it's always a bad moment when I have to toss a bust.

This is the problem you encounter when you develop a recipe- some just don't work out. I wrote it down, though, and will continue to refine it. I still have a zucchini in the fridge waiting for my second try.

Tonight, however, I will be making a tried, tested, and true recipe- my mom's queso recipe that she got from her aunt many moons ago.

We were supposed to go to a Canadian Tuxedo party, but the husband has the creeping crud (i.e. the flu) so we're staying in and going to enjoy some trashy fondue. I'll document the experience and share it with you in lieu of showcasing the demin glory of our friends.

On the menu:
Queso- made with Velveeta...so wrong, but so right
Trader Joe's salsa corn chips- a Dorito fake out
Cheese & garlic sausage for dipping
Roasted mushrooms & brussel sprouts for dipping- gotta get some veg going on

1 comment: