Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Baby Rodeo

I spent the beginning of February visiting my family in Texas. While my trips home are always special (mostly because they're so rare), this one had a special twist!

A baby shower! (Surprise- his name is Samuel!)

My mom and sister have been such a huge support to me throughout my entire pregnancy and they were sweet enough to throw me a cowboy-themed shower. Even though I've been in Massachusetts for the last decade (seriously, when did 10 years fly by?), I'm still a Texan at heart. I can't wait to teach my cowpoke all about his Lonestar roots!

From the decorations to the cake, this shower was pure country.

Baby boots filled with bluebonnets! My mom's boss has saved her children's cowboy boots since they were small and she has quite the collection. For her son's graduation party, her sisters filled them with flowers to use as centerpieces. She was kind enough to loan us these adorable decorations.

Don't squat with your spurs on!

Everyone's favorite cartoon cowboy, Woody!


I was blown away by the cake- this boot cake was the end-all, be-all of cakes. It was a monster- I'm guessing it was cut from at least a half-sheet cake. A&J Bakery on Oaklawn in Dallas made this yellow-cake and chocolate-frosted dream come true. I'm not ashamed to say I ate three pieces.

Because it was a book shower, my friends and family generously gave us copies of their favorite children's books. Sam has quite the library now! We got the Berenstain Bears, several Sandra Boynton classics, the full set of Boxcar Children books, and so many more. I already read one of the Hardy Boys books- quite an adventure! Everyone was so sweet explaining why they gave us each book- many were favorites of the shower guests or their children. I'm a huge book lover, so this was the perfect way to celebrate my sweet boy. Link




In true Betty-fashion, I completely forgot to take pictures of myself with any of my guests. I think my mom may have a few stashed on her camera.

As much fun as I had swapping stories with my friends and family, the real star of the show woke up from her nap half way through.

Isabella is going to be the best cousin ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment